Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I change the "from" address of the email notifications sent from PerfectForms?
- Adding email servers as Resources at the account level allows you to override the system email server and use a custom server to send notifications and system emails. See Adding an Account Resource- Email Server for details.
2. Can PerfectForms integrate with external data sources?
- Yes, PerfectForms enables you to connect to external data sources such as other databases, LDAP and CSV. Integration with external data sources is achieved through the Connection Agent and by connecting to Web services. See Web Services Connections, Database Connections and The Connection Agent for details.
3. Can I fill out forms without an Internet connection?
- If you have the Offline Form Manager installed, you can download forms locally and then view and fill out form instances when you don't have an Internet connection. When you are online again, you can then submit any form instances you have completed. See Managing Forms, Managing Form Instances and Submitting Forms Instances for details.
4. How do I open a form instance from a report?
- To open a form instance from a report, include a data list or data grid in your report. Make sure to set the list or grid to 'Respect dynamic filter.' Make the source for one of the columns 'Meta-link.' Users can click the Link button and the form instance for that row will open. See Creating a Reporting Portal and Adding a Filter Selector for details.
5. Can I connect to a directory service using LDAP so I can populate a drop down list with employee information?
- Yes, PerfectForms allows you to connect to a directory service to populate information in a form by using the Connection Agent. See Directory Services (LDAP) Connections for details.