Able to Edit “Mask Text” & “CheckBox” Fields when marked “Read Only”

Home Forum Laying out a Form Able to Edit “Mask Text” & “CheckBox” Fields when marked “Read Only”

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EFox 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

EFox
    Participant

I have a Mask Text Input field (SSN/TIN) that gets populated by a connect command. This Mask Text Input field is set to “Read Only” for all stages & roles. When I preview the form and run the connect command, I can still edit the Mask Text field even though it has a “Read Only” state.

I also have a CheckBox Group with 2 checkboxes (Yes & No) that get “checked/unchecked” by a behavior from a Text Input field on the same form. The CheckBox group is set to “Read Only” as well, but I can still check & uncheck them during testing. I did notice that “Read Only” was not an option on the individual Checkboxes, just on the group.

Is there anyway to correct this so that the user/submitter cannot edit the Mask Text Input field or the CheckBox fields? I appreciate any feed back on this!

EFox
    Participant

I converted my checkboxes to radio buttons to correct the “read only” issue. The issue still persists on the Mask Text Input field. Has anyone else ran into this issue? If so, please explain how you corrected it. Thank you!

I can confirm what you are seeing. I would solve the problem by using a text input field or numeric input field. If it always read-only and it is getting populated by a connection, there should be no reason that it needs to be done with a masked text input. In the meantime I will have the development team take a look at the mask text input object.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.