Access form thru API

Home Forum API Access form thru API

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lmathews
    Participant

I am trying to “raise an event” within an existing form instance from an external source. I have configured a Form API call but can only seem to change the stage, form name, etc. It does not seem to execute the behavoirs I have written in the “Form is Opened” section. My goal is to initiate an action within the form so that it continues processing as if an individual had manually hit the submit button. The API call seems to change the stage, but it does not execute code.

Is there a way to make the form react to an API call and execute behaviors? Or is there a better way to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

An instance cannot run behaviors unless it is opened. The API cannot open an instance. You will need to open the instance with a link and pass a URL parameter to it or simply use a link from a notification sent to a role. Then you can have a (Form is opened) behavior that either populates the URL parameter(s) in a field or detects Role and Stage and based on that runs your behavior and submits.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.