Access question – role changes after publishing

Home Forum WorkFlow Access question – role changes after publishing

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  evelina.liu 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

evelina.liu
    Participant

I would like to know if applying role changes will impact the access of existing form instances on production, no matter for the ones already in the workflow or the ones that are closed.

We are considering making some business rules changes, which may require changes in the form design, specifically on the roles – instead of using Exchange group emails in the workflow and notifications, we are considering using PF UserGroups. I am not sure if this would impact users’ ability in accessing all the form instances, especially we have more than 500 instances so far for this form.

Any feedback is appreciated.

evelina.liu
    Participant

We are on V 1.18. Thanks.

As long as you do not map the old instances to the new version of the form, access rules for the old instances will not be changed.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

evelina.liu
    Participant

If we do want the old instances to be accessible from the users within the new user group, or I should say that we want all the users within the new user group to be able to access ALL instances, do you see any potential issue from mapping old instances to the new version of the form (with V 1.18)?

A user is recognized by a form instance as occupying a role only if they have accessed that instance via a link in a notification sent to that role. Even if you map the old instances nothing will change until the instance is opened, submitted, and changes stages. Then at that time what will happen will be determined by where the instance in in your workflow and what happens next in the workflow.

evelina.liu
    Participant

I guess I am curious about what is involved regarding the process of “mapping” form instances. For example, if we map those old instances to the new version of the form (with new role), if this will trigger the system to alter the “references” in the database for all the opened and active instances, and allow these instances to be available for processing by the new role, ex. for these instances to appear on the Notification dashboard for those who are currently occupying that new role, or even automatically allow the URLs in the notification emails to be available or recognizable for the new role. Sorry if I am not able to describe my question clearly.

Mapping the old instances to the new version will not change the old notifications, only new notifications sent after the instance has been mapped, opened, and submitted.

evelina.liu
    Participant

Thank you Dennis for the verification.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.