“Agent system error” when retrieving numeric value from DB

Home Forum General “Agent system error” when retrieving numeric value from DB

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pmeidinger 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pmeidinger
    Participant

A column in my SQL Server table is defined as numeric(4,2). In my PerfectForms database connection I created a SELECT action to retrieve all columns from the table, but I get an “Agent system error” when I test it. However, if I go back to the database and change the data type of the numeric column to anything else, the connection works. What’s going on? I really need to save and retrieve numeric data to the DB.

Do you have a null value in the column?

pmeidinger
    Participant

Yep, that was the problem. I changed the data type back to numeric then updated the value to 0.0 in the table, and I no longer get the error. That’s a problem for me because null should be a valid value for the field in my form. Why are nulls a problem for PerfectForms in numeric columns?

I am not a developer so I cannot answer the question, but I am happy to hear that your connection is working properly!

pmeidinger
    Participant

OK, maybe you can ask your developers to look into it and fix it. In the meantime I’ll try changing my column to an int and multiplying and dividng by 100 so I an get a proper numeric value in the form.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.