Attachments in forms

Home Forum General Attachments in forms

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pmeidinger 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pmeidinger
    Participant

We have a form in which all the data entered is saved to a SQL Server database. The user opens the form using the “main” form link (i.e., not an instance link from an email notification), they enter their user ID into the form, and the data they entered previously is retrieved.

Is there a way to save attachments in the form when they access it only by the “main” form link. When they click the Save button on the form, I’m saving the data to the database and doing a Submit/Re-open Same Instance. This does keep the attachment after a save, but when the close the form the attachments are lost. Is there a way around this?

Instance data (including attachments) gets written to our DB on a Submit action. Attachments were not intended to be written to and read from outside data sources. As a result the attachment name and file type do not get saved in the destination DB. But I do think that you can write attachments to and read from a DB, you just won’t have the associated names. Give that a try to see if it will help with your process.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.