Attachments – Save externally

Home Forum General Attachments – Save externally

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I’m not sure if this has been covered in a recent patch – most of the info on the subject is over a year old.

I would like to know if there is a way to change the save location for file attachments (to an external server). My concern is that our subscription is limited to a 1GB storage and we will quickly reach that cap once we go live.

Thanks

V 2.0 allows Ability to Store File Attachments as

Individual Files in the File System.

Historically, all file attachments that are added to a form-instance using the “File Attachment” form object have been stored in the PerfectForms database as “Blobs”. The system has been enhanced to now offer the System Administrator the ability to choose

whether or not to store the file attachments as Blobs in the PerfectForms database or as individual files in the file system. Benefits for storing as individual files

include:

– Keeping the size of the database small

– Easier access to file attachments files (without going through the product UI)

– Ability to distribute storage between different machines

For instructions on how to designate where attachments are saved, please see our documentation: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?fg_file_attachment_storage.htm.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Anonymous

As I looked through the system settings on an OnDemand account, it appears as though this functionality is not available. Am I correct in assuming that saving files to a different server is available only to OnPremise? If so, is there a way to selectively delete attachments as an OnDemand user later in time?

Correct. It is only available On Premise.

The only way to delete an attachment is from within the instance to which it was appended. To permanently remove an attachment from the PerfectForms database the instance must be deleted.

Anonymous

If I could avoid deleting an instance, I would really prefer to do that. We really need to keep a trail of transaction history while not going over the 1GB data cap. I did find a workaround for viewing attachments outside of a session using a “show url” command with a custom function:

https://app.perfectforms.com/services/StaticRequests/CustomHandler.ashx?fileMode=1&id=

+

unique file name

+

&fileName=

Since there is a way to view the attachment outside of an instance as it is assigned a unique identifier (EX: B51BAuggAAggdABM), I’m wondering if you could also delete that file data with another command or detach button (so long as you properly reference the file)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.