Behavior based on time

Home Forum WorkFlow Behavior based on time

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Karlo Huezo 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

esd_matt
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if I can trigger a behavior (specifically, change the form stage) based on time. For instance, when a form is created, a date for an event is provided. Then, can I set the form to move to a particular stage the morning of that event, then close out the following day?

Thanks!

Karlo Huezo
    Keymaster

Hello,

This can be accomplished with the use of simple branches and date related functions. For instance, you may capture the current date when your form is submitted for the first time. Using a set Field with the “Date Add” function, you can set a (hidden) field with a future date, say 30 days after first submit date. On form is opened, you can add a simple branch that checks for that date, and if it matches, it will run your behavior containing a Set Next Stage and submit. Note: these actions cannot happen automatically in the background. They would require a user to open the instance.

More advanced (automation) functionality may rely on a web service using our endpoints to access and update the instance in the background.

Thanks,

Karlo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.