Build an LDAP action that retrieves Manager email?

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Build an LDAP action that retrieves Manager email?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  llewis 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

llewis
    Participant

Hi, we’re using the Gateway-HTTP User field to bring in the username of the person filling out the form, then we’re using that to automatically pull back fields from Active Directory, including the “manager” field. Now, we need to use that “manager” field in another action to pull in the manager’s email address. Can someone provide guidance on how I can accomplish this? Thanks!

ijobling
    Participant

If you can retrieve the ‘manager’ of the person to your form instance, is there a ‘manager email’ field that is stored in the users AD record you can use as well in the same lookup — ie do this all at the same time, If not, then you could run another connect action to AD with the ‘send parameter’ set to the user name field where you can pass in the managers name to return his email address. You may need to set up another ACTION in the Directory Services connection for this first

llewis
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I had already tried creating a new action and that’s where I’m stuck. I cannot figure out how to retrieve the manager’s email. Manager’s email is not an AD field associated with the form initiator’s AD account; it is only associated with the manager’s own AD account. So I need to pass the Manager value back in using a separate action, but that still only pulls back information related to users who have that person as a manager, not the manager him/herself (e.g., if I use a Send Parameter of “manager” and a return value of sAMAccountName, I get back all direct reports of that manager’s). Any help would be much appreciated.

ijobling
    Participant

I would have thought that samAccountName would be the parameter to be using in the ‘send’ parameter of the action (in that you want to send the account name to the query) and then ‘mail’ as the ‘return’ parameter (in that you want to retrieve the email for that account name back to your form)

I would suggest it may be better to set up a new action for this , and then a new small test form where you can enter in the account name manually to form field, then run the connect action under a ‘button’ so you can see the results directly and then having got that, integrate that connect action into your main form pointing the ‘send’ parameter to the field that is receiving the managers name from the first connection.

Hope it helps? do get back though if not

Anonymous

I have a working solution that we obtained working with PF and their tech people. Let me know if you need this information posted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.