Can I hide the print button on the printed page

Home Forum General Can I hide the print button on the printed page

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I can add the print button onto my form and it generates the pdf easily. The only issue I have is that I don’t want to have the print button appear on the resulting pdf file. Is there a way to hide the button on that final pdf?

Thanks,

Tommy

ijobling
    Participant

if you ‘hide’ any objects on your form, they won’t show in the pdf file. So if you are using the actual ‘print’ button, change that to use a standard button, and then run a behaviour under that ‘when clicked’ event to hide the button followed by the print action

Anonymous

Thanks! That worked great. I set the behavior to hide the button => print => show the button. That way the button is back when the user looks at the form but it does not get printed.

Thanks again,

Tommy

Anonymous

I went aha! when I saw this but when I went to try it the Run Behavior / Select a Behavior doesn’t offer the actual Print button as a choice. What am I missing?

Anonymous

I did it by linking the following steps in this order on the “Button is Pressed” behavior:

1 – Set State (under Object Commands) => Set the button object to “Hidden”

2 – Print (under Form Commands) => Print the page

3 – Set State (under Object Commands) => Set the button object to “Normal”

I hope this helps.

Note: I made it a regular button and not a built in Print button.

Tommy

Anonymous

Thanks Tommy – I see you’re doing the Print from a form. I’m trying this from a Report. And in Report design (under Form Commands) there is no Print command (!).

Keith

ijobling
    Participant

Keith

there isn’t a ‘print’ command as you’ve seen in reporting, but I can see it would be useful. have raised it with our development team to look into and see if they can get this added for a future release

Anonymous

Thanks – this would be well received here. We’ve started producing (& printing) some graphic reports for sr. management but all the clutter of buttons diminishes their ‘polish’.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.