Can I print Forms or Reports?

Home Forum General Can I print Forms or Reports?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ehuezo 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

ehuezo
    Keymaster

PerfectForms will introduce printing of Forms from Version 1.10 (February 2009). Report printing will be supported from Version 1.11 (March 2009). These will be available as Behavior commands.

Anonymous

How will printing be handled? Will it print all data in a form? For example, if I create a purchase order form and there is a table that has 30 items in it, but only 20 are shown (there is a scroll bar to view the other items), Will the print function print all of the data?

ehuezo
    Keymaster

The functionality that you are describing in reference to printing data that appears in a table, will not be available until release 1.11 or 1.12. Full details on the functionality will be available when the function is ready. In release 1.10, printing the table will print out exactly what you see in the form, sort of like a screen grab.

Anonymous

Is there a rough timeline when 1.11 or 1.12 will be available?

ehuezo
    Keymaster

1.11 will be available in March 2009. As we get closer to release 1.12, I will update this post.

Anonymous

Do you know when 1.10 will be released in February? Is it still scheduled to be done in the next week?

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Charlesralston,

Release 1.10 was available on February 10th. If you are an on-demand user, the Perfectforms server is automatically updated, so there is no intervention required on your part. If you open Perfectforms, and place the mouse over the Perfectforms logo in the upper left column, the tool-tip that appears will show you the version.

Anonymous

Thanks, I found the print button and behavior. Now I have a new question. When I print it generates my PDF as landscape, even though I have my form width and height set to Print – Letter.

ijobling
    Participant

Charles

At the moment there is no control to define the print orientation in the first phase of the printing functions, but we have it on the ‘todo’ list for a future release along with other enhancements as well.

ijobling
    Participant

The ‘print’ calls a function that will then merge the form (and its data) into a PDF document and present this into a new browser window, and from there you use the standard adobe print functions to print the form out.

With this in mind, you (your users) need to ensure that their browsers allow pop ups to the website. (firefox seems not to offer an advice message to users as IE does, we are looking at how we can resolve this so users are clearly notified if they are not allowing pop ups to run

peter.tyrrell
    Participant

will the print function print all the visible objects on the form? We have a client who attaches an image that os displayed. There is also a table of data. We require the form to print the images and the table data items (as well as the text, etc).

ijobling
    Participant

All visible objects will be printed, updates in the next release will enable the printing of attached images, but at the moment I’m afraid printing of table data isn’t complete. Work is in progress to improve the printing of table data, but at the moment it will print out what is visible on the form

peter.tyrrell
    Participant

thanks. I think we can live with it printing what’s visible on the form. What about reports?

ijobling
    Participant

Report printing is also being looked at currently with a view to be released in v1.12

Anonymous

Do we know when the table data might print?

Has that been resolved yet?

It is not printing what is visable in the table.

And will that automatically update or do we need to modify the form once the problem has been resolved?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.