Capturing SQL Server error messages?

Home Forum General Capturing SQL Server error messages?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pmeidinger 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pmeidinger
    Participant

Is there a way to capture the error returned by SQL Server in a Connect behavior? I realize that the error message will pop up (if I have “Show error messages” is checked) but I’d like to perform certain actions based on what the SQL error is.

For example, I created a test stored procedure that simply does a select on a bogus table, yielding an “Invalid object name ‘bogustable'” message when executed. But none of the “Behavior’s last error/return value/successful” options in the Special list return that message or anything like it after the Connect is executed. Is there a way to capture this?

You might find the information you need in the Connection Agent logs. They can be found in the machine hosting Tomcat at: C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 6.0webappsConnectionAgentWEB-INFlogs

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

pmeidinger
    Participant

Thanks, but I was looking for something upon which I could act within the form when SQL returns a specific error, like if SQL returned a primary key violation I could tell the user a record already exists and to change their data.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.