Changing column value in a report

Home Forum Reporting Changing column value in a report

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Peanuts890 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Peanuts890
    Participant

I have a fairly basic report which uses a datalist with 10 columns. Is it possible to alter the value in a column (make it blank) based on a calculation or value in another column. I appreciate I can redesign the form to fulfil this requirement but want to apply it to a report on 150 previous form instances.

Thanks

As you have found, column values in datalists cannot be used in calculations. You had the right thought about redesigning your form (or simply adding a field to it). Once you have published your form changes you can map all of the existing instances to the new published version. Our help guide contains instructions for mapping instances to the new version: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?fl_mapping_form_instances_to_anot.htm

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

evelina.liu
    Participant

I have a similar question regarding the possiblity of altering the values for a column in the report, but the difference is I am actually using a List (under Resources) in order to populate my drop-down list for user. We now need the report to display the Caption for the selected item on the report (text), instead of the Value (numeric value). Same situation here, I already have lots of submitted production form instances, and I am hoping all of them can somehow be applied based on the changes. We are using v. 1.18. Thank you.

You cannot use data in reporting objects for calculations or behaviors but you could simply add another column to give you the caption of the drop-down.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.