Check Mandatory Behavior

Home Forum General Check Mandatory Behavior

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  reece.thompson 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

reece.thompson
    Participant

Hello Dennis,

I’ve currently got a check mandatory behavior looking at a radio button group on submit (This just updates the SQL database instead of a form submit). Obviously if you click submit without selecting a option in the group, it would flag a red border and request the user to select a radio button.

Once the user has pressed the submit button, the check mandatory border is still surrounding the group and i was wondering if there is a way to reset the border to its default ‘0’ stage.

Thanks,

Reece

You have found a random bug. If the only object in a Check Mandatory behavior object is a Radio Button Group the border will stay red. If you add a Text Input object to the Check Mandatory list the border will return to black when the behavior runs again.

The workaround I suggest is: Add a hidden text input field and place it on a different page of your form. When the Radio button group changes field data use a Set Field to place some text in the hidden text input, then use a Show behavior object and point it to your hidden text field. Finally use another Show object and point it to your submit button. The reason for these gymnastics is that the text input field must either be clicked on or shown for the Check Mandatory to acknowledge it, but you probably don’t want this hidden field showing up highlighted. That is why I suggest another Show object pointed at the submit button.

I will submit a ticket to address this bug.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.