Check Obligatory with spaces

Home Forum General Check Obligatory with spaces

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I am using a Check Obligatory command, and I notice that if someone enters a space in that field, PerfectForms will accept this as valid data. Is there anyway to make sure that a blank space is not allowed to be entered for a required field? I’m able to actually test for a single blank space, but then a user can still enter multiple spaces to bypass this logic. Basically, I do not want a user to be able to enter a single space or multiple spaces into a required field.

Thanks.

ijobling
    Participant

You could look at using the Length function to count the length of a field and then run a condition based on this.. in your case perhaps anything >0 will resolve single or multiple spaces

having said that, even with such logic, a user could then simply enter ‘garbage’ to the field and satisfy your logic based on <space>

In general it can be effective to present some visible element to make it clear to users that a field is required.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.