Checkbox field in notification

Home Forum Behaviors Checkbox field in notification

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eayala
    Participant

I have searched this forum, but I can’t seem to find how to do this:

I have a registration form that has a checkbox group field. I’d like to send a receipt acknowledgement notification email to the submitter including all the checkboxes (captions) they checked in the form. I have tried selecting Checkbox Group as a field in the message tab, but when I test the form, the response only has one of the multiple items that I selected. I’d like to show them everything they checked. I hope this make sense. I’m sure the solution is simple, but I’m new at this. Thanks in advance.

The values returned by check-boxes are only true or false (checked or not checked). If you need to have the captions of all values checked in a notification, there are several ways to accomplish the task. I would use a hidden field. Build a behavior that populates a hidden multi-line text box with the value of what is in the hidden multi-line input field plus a space plus the caption of the check-box when it is checked. Run the behavior behind the submit button rather than on the individual check-boxes so your users can change their minds without giving false-positives.Then you can use the hidden field in your email notification.

Have a great day!

Dennis

eayala
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I’m going to play around with that as soon as I get a chance. Thanks again!

Anonymous

Exactly what I’m trying to do… just getting stuck on how to “Build a behavior that populates a hidden multi-line text box with the value of what is in the hidden multi-line input field plus a space plus the caption of the check-box when it is checked.”

Is this covered in a tutorial or video? If not, can you be more specific on how to put this together?

Thanks in advance!

Drag in a multiline text input. Name it. Set the state to hidden. When the checkbox is checked or changes field data use a Set Field (the hidden multiline input) with a formula. The formula should be Hidden Multiline input + blank space + checkbox caption.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.