Child form buttons on Report

Home Forum Reporting Child form buttons on Report

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  srogers 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

srogers
    Participant

Hello,

I have a report that summarizes the instances of a particular form. This form has two different child forms associated with it. By selecting “Meta – Link” in the datasource, a data grid displays a nice convenient button to open the form instance, but I cannot find a way to do the same with the form’s child instances. I’ve tried saving the child instance ID into a helper table and importing that with the data source, but I just get the instance ID string, not a nice button.

Any way I can do this?

The child form is a different datasource. You can have more than one datasource per report page, but they will not respect the dynamic filtering of objects reporting on different datasources.

I recommend that you use a form object in the report. For example you can use a drop-down or a table and populate it using a form connection. When you choose an item from the drop-down use a set filter behavior object for each datasource on the page. Filter by the value in the form object.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.