Confidentiality of information

Home Forum General Confidentiality of information

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a form where I am collecting confidential information from businesses so that an expert can provide them with business advice. In order to ease the minds of businesses who will be filling in the form, the Project Manager wants to be the only one that knows who filled in the form (he is not a PerfectForms user and he does not want any of the PerfectForm admin to be able to access it either). The idea is that all of the form data (except for the business name) will be passed on to an expert for analysis. The expert then gives the analysis to the Project Manager, who sends it to the business himself (so that the expert never knows who had filled in the form).

I had thought that I could solve the problem using notification emails. After the form is submitted, the contents are sent to the Project Manager in an email and then the “business name” field is set to contain another value (such as the Instance ID so that there is a way to cross-reference). That way, the business name would not be saved in the database and the Project Manager is the only one who sees it.

I set up my behaviour on the submit button like this: Notification (to Project Manager) -> Set Field (Business Name to Instance ID) -> Submit Data. However, it did not work as expected. The email contained the Instance ID instead of the business name. This happens even if I set the field after Submit Data.

Can anyone think of a way to fix this? Or another way to do it? I’ve hit a roadblock!

Thanks,

Renee

The most simple solution to your problem is to set the state of your objects (business name field, etc…) based on workflow stage and role. You can set the business name field to always be hidden when viewed by the role of Expert.

See our help documentation on adding workflow: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?workflow_intro.htm.

And on Setting a Series of States on a Form Object: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?fa_setting_a_series_of_states_on_.htm

Anonymous

I had never thought of it that way… That would work except the problem is that the Expert is an admin herself (she needed to be able to go in an edit questions/answers as she requires). The Project Manager is concerned that she might use the business names to “steal clients” or even release confidential information. If I implement the solution above, she could technically change her group and see the business names (and all of their confidential information) if she wanted to.

How can you simultaneously prevent someone from seeing information while at the same time making it available for them to edit? Regardless of the solution you develop for preventing the Expert from seeing the business name, if that same person also occupies the role of Project Manager (who is required to edit the form including business names) you have a process problem, not a forms building problem.

Anonymous

I see what you’re saying now… We will have to revoke the Expert’s edit rights. I’ve spoken with the Project Manager and we have decided that we still want to implement the same solution (storing all of the data except for the business name, which will be emailed to the Project Manager). Is that possible?

You can insert the value of any or all of the input fields in a form in an email notification.Please refer to our help guide for documentation: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?notify_command___message_tab.htm.

Anonymous

I just wanted to share my solution which was suggested to me through email support… I managed to replace the business name with an ID (after it was sent in an email notification) by using a hidden field that records if the form has been submitted or not. I put my set fields under the “Page is opened” behaviour. If the form has been submitted, the business name is replaced with the ID. So simple!

I’ve just noticed that the link that gets sent in the email can be viewed by anyone (don’t have to be logged in). I have other forms where I collect names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc. How can I ensure that only logged in users can view the results? I’m concerned that someone could “guess” the link and read private responses…

Thanks

The state of objects (such as fields) can be controlled based on the workflow stage and Role of the user. In other words, you can make a field hidden or visible based on who is viewing the form and when. Please refer to our help guide for assistance on the topic: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?fa_setting_field_state_scenarios.htm.

I also suggest watching the video about workflow that can be found for free at: http://www.perfectforms.com/training.php.

Anonymous

I figured I would post my solution again in case someone else didn’t know how to require a login to see the form responses (from the link that is sent in the email). On the Dashboard, when you select a form, there is a checkbox on the right side that you can use (“require login from notification email link”). So simple, must have missed that in the training videos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.