configuring Tomcat6

Home Forum General configuring Tomcat6

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

hi,

I have installed all the requirements for Perfectforms.But im unalbe to configure to the Apache Tomcat 6 Web Server.At the end of installation of Apache Server,i get a message that Your Installation is Successful but when i try to start Tomcat6 service, an error appears.Saying that “Failed installation of Tomcat6”.

Thnx,

ijobling
    Participant

Check your server ‘event logs’ .. you will probably see more detailed information on this failure, but also refer to the tomcat help files where it may be noted as a ‘common problem’. You may also find that ‘googling’ this error may assist as well

ijobling
    Participant

this could be what you need if the services is not starting

>>Tomcat Fails to Launch on Windows Server

The current Tomcat installer has a bug where it forgot to install one Windows dll. The solution is to copy a C:WINDOWSSystem32msvcr71.dll from any Windows system you find it (like XP Pro or Vista or any Windows computer with a Microsoft Visual Studio installed) and copy it to the same directory on your Windows Server machine. Then Tomcat will launch fine.

see if that sorts this out for you ?

Anonymous

hi there,

i did what you asked me to.i copied tht dll file from my pc to server and it worked.

but now when i go start–>Programs–>Tomcat 6.0–>configure….the same error appears whereas if i right click on system tray where i have a Tomcat icon and then i select configure….it works…i can see tomcat service in running state and even in windows services i can see i started.

what could be the possible reason?

thnx,

ijobling
    Participant

I could only think that there is some specific configuration on your server that is restricting you for some reason. but once you have tomcat running, then its really only in the connection agent installation where you set up the config.xml that is needed. You shouldn’t have to go into tomcat ‘configure’ in future

Anonymous

hi,

im working on config.xml now and i hope i;ll be able to manage it.

thnx.

ijobling
    Participant

You may find it useful to involve your Database Administrators in this step as they will understand how your databases are accessible.

Anonymous

yeah i have a Database Admin and a Network Admin with me.But most of the stuff is done by my-self.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.