Connect behavior Field Value Character Limit

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Connect behavior Field Value Character Limit

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

When I try to populate a field from a connect behavior or Set Field from Other Instance behavior, the number of characters it shows seems to be limited.

There is also a double-byte character problem when running a Set Field from Other Instance behavior.

Are these limitations of the system or am I doing something wrong? What is the character limit for connect or field-set behaviors?

ijobling
    Participant

We aren’t aware of any limits to characters. Would like to understand more of what you are seeing in terms of where you see these restrictions. Have you perhaps got a ‘target’ field set with a specific character limit and it is that which is involved? If not, please do get back (directly to support@perfectforms.com as it may be easier to ‘show’ what you are seeing in screen shots?)

As to double-byte characters, we don’t yet support this I’m afraid

Laura Debello
    Participant

Hi,

I am getting the same character limit when using a Connect behaviour. I am setting the target to a multi-line text field with a character maximum of 4000 characters, but the connect behaviour seems to have a limit of 400 characters. Is there something in the connection agent settings that need to be changed?

ijobling
    Participant

Laura

is your connection here working against a database connection or a form connection ?

Laura Debello
    Participant

it’s a form connection

ijobling
    Participant

Laura, there is a limit currently of 400 chars using form connections.

I have raised it with the developers to review and remove this restriction for a future update

Laura Debello
    Participant

Thanks Ian, it would be tremendous to have this limitation removed. Can you confirm that this is only on form connections, and not on database connections?

ijobling
    Participant

haven’t looked to be honest but in the request to developers asked them to check the DB connection side for restrictions as well

Laura Debello
    Participant

I know that it is possible to insert via a database connection field content of more than 2000 characters, but I haven’t tried reading a large quantity via a database connection. I will try tomorrow and let you know.

ijobling
    Participant

Laura, I would think that if there was a ‘limit’ in using database connections to read data into a form from a database, and you have seen that 2000 chars of data will read in OK, where this is not the same 400 char limit that is on the ‘form connection’, then I’d expect you shouldn’t see any problems there. be good to hear though if you do of course

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.