Connect command returns 0 results

Home Forum General Connect command returns 0 results

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  tmrhymer 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tmrhymer
    Participant

In many of my forms I have a connect command that will populate things like dropdowns and inputs. For dropdown’s, let’s say I have a dropdown and it is filled by a connect command that receives a parameter. That parameter is based on a text input where the user will enter in some text, and click a button. That button will run the connect command and the connect command will the send the text the user typed as the send parameter. If that connect command returns results, those results will be mapped to a dropdown. If the user does that search again in the same form instance and the connect command returns no results, the results from the previous search are left in the dropdown. For scenarios like this, is it standard practice to use a “Set selection items” command to clear the dropdown before running the connect command? If so, I’d like to request a feature be added. If you are mapping return parameters of a connect command to a dropdown and the connect command returns 0 results that the dropdown selection items be cleared. This would save me time and training for our other form builders.

tmrhymer
    Participant

Actually, that goes the same for text input’s as well. If I have a connect command filling in text inputs and the connect command returns 0 results than I run the risk of having data from a previous time the connect command ran.

ijobling
    Participant

Would have to say that such a ‘scenario’ is not standard or typical to be honest, but to do what you are looking for here, just run an action before the connect that sets the required fields to be empty so the connect will run and if returning no response, the field will be empty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.