Connect & Search – dropdown support?

Home Forum General Connect & Search – dropdown support?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is there a way to get the filters of the search window for the connect and search behavior to show as the same field types as the fields specified in the send parameters source? By default it looks like the filters are text boxes. To me it would make more sense if the filter field displayed the same as the associated field in the form. For example if I have a dropdown field that is used in the search and I want it to show in the list of filters, i would still want it to work like a dropdown and have the same options, instead of being a textbox where the user can type in whatever they want. I know i could just build another page to be my “search” page and use just a regular connection behavior but it seems like the connect and search should have this functionality.

ijobling
    Participant

Afraid not. the method you mention as your ‘workaround’ is the best way to handle this

Anonymous

Is there a way to make the table look more like the results table in the search modal? I mean like when you mouse over a row or click a row, the entire row would be highlighted instead of just a line on the top and bottom? Right now I’m using text input as the type for the fields in my search pages table and maybe the problem is with the background color of the text input. Is there a way to use a label or make the text inputs background “no fill”?

ijobling
    Participant

Only thing I can think of is the Set Property behaviour where depending on the object you are trying to work with you can control specific properties of that object

Anonymous

Is the results table in the connect & search window something custom or does it use the same table object that is available for us to place in forms? I do not a see a property that would allow what Im trying to do.

ijobling
    Participant

The pop up window from the connect and search is not the same as the table object and is not changeable. Thought you were trying to use a table object anyway ? but having said that, I’ve had a look at the exposed properties of the table object in ‘set properties’ and there isn’t a function to change the ‘current row’ properties.

Anonymous

Thats correct, im trying to use the table object but would like it to look and behave like the results table in the connect & search. Is there not a way to display the results of a query in a table without putting the data into a text input, ie something that does not have a background?

ijobling
    Participant

Sorry, can’t understand what you are looking for. can’t see what you mean ‘does not have a background’ assuming that you have found how you can define the properties of each object and how it looks (ie under the STYLE section in the table object properties).

if it isn’t that, perhaps best if you send over screen shots of what you have and something that shows what you are trying to do directly to support (http://www.perfectforms.com/support.php) where you can attach files to help explain what you are trying to do

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.