Connection to Text file Error

Home Forum General Connection to Text file Error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have been trying to connect to a csv file and I keep getting the same error message “ERROR: Request Timeout error. Agent did not respond.” Is this because my csv file is to large? It has over 7000 entries. All my smaller text file connections work fine.

Thanks

ijobling
    Participant

It is possible that this may be the case if you are seeing other connections working OK. but check to see if anything changes if you restart the Apache Tomcat service and re test.

but also do you have a database you can use for this large file though ? they are more efficient in handling larger data sets

Anonymous

I am new to data bases. Would I have to create tables in SQL server to get the csv file into a database?

ijobling
    Participant

SQL server used to have a ‘import wizard’ type of function, but different versions do it differently I believe… Best thing to do would be to ‘google’ = ‘import CSV into SQL Server XXXXX’ (XXXX being the version of SQL server you are using)

or of course if your organisation has a DBA, have a word with them, they will know how to do it for sure, and also as you get into setting up your database connection will be able to help you with the ‘permissions’ etc

Anonymous

Ok thanks. We have SQL on our perfect forms server can I exchange the northwind connection and database example for my csv file?

ijobling
    Participant

You could, but probably better to leave that as it is so you have an ‘example’ to refer to, and set up a new ‘datasource’ for the database/table you import your csv into and then set up a new connection to this

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.