Connections and the ‘LIKE’ feature

Home Forum General Connections and the ‘LIKE’ feature

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  phillip 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

phillip
    Participant

There is a ‘LIKE’ feature in the connection agent for searches. Anyone know what it does or how to use it? Is it using regular expressions or something else?

For example, if I wanted everyone with a last name beginning with ‘A’, when I added a connection behavior to my form, would it just be something like:

^A*$

Or something else?

Thanks!

Our Help Guide addresses defining connection actions: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?defining_connection_actions.htm. Specifically it says: In the Send Parameters section, click Add to add a Send Parameter. Click in the Name column and give the parameter any name you like. The right-most column is the field or database column name. The middle column is the operator. You will usually leave it as = but you can change this if appropriate. Enter Like as an operator to allow wildcard searches in the connection actions.

For example if you want to search for “adams” you could enter”*ad*” as a search parameter.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.