Copy Field for Attachments

Home Forum Behaviors Copy Field for Attachments

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sshiu 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sshiu
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the Copy Field command in a behavior to copy an attachment from one page to an attachment field on another page. When I get to the second page where the copied attachment is, instead of displaying the filename of the attachment I see “Unknown”. Does anyone know how I can get the field with the copied attachment to display the actual attachment’s filename?

Thanks!

ijobling
    Participant

Currently this isn’t possible, but this exact scenario was raised by another user recently and has been raised with the developers to review for a future release to be able to also copy the file name as well

sshiu
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. We’ll have to keep this in mind when rolling out the training for the form. We look forward to the future release with the functionality.

ijobling
    Participant

Have you considered a slightly different approach to the use of file attachments ? A number of users find it very useful to set up a specific page for attachments, and within the form where you want to allow users to attach (or view) these, simply have a ‘go to page xxx’ function so you only have one copy of each attachment on the form and on the attachments page have a ‘return’ function to take them back to the page they came from when they have done.

For instance if you allow your users to detach as well as attach, and have 2 copies of the same file on your form, they could update one of these files but not the other and it may be harder to manage ?

sshiu
    Participant

I have considered that option, however I’m designing the wizard-style form to allow users to enter certain pieces of information on each form page. I have behaviors to check for mandatory attachments on those pages. It just wouldn’t be the cleanest way to go, having the user click back and forth from the data entry pages to the attachment page. Thanks for the suggestion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.