Copy objects with behaviours

Home Forum Behaviors Copy objects with behaviours

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a form with a number of pages with similar content except for some text.

Each page has a Radio Button Group with three radio buttons. I have added a behavior to “Group changes field data” for the Radio Button Group. This behavior uses a Multiple Branch to check which radio button is selected and then set another object on the page to a corresponding value, using the a Set Field command. This works fine.

Because all the pages in the form are to be the same (with just some text changes), I set up the first page (Page 1) so it works perfectly, then created a new page and copied all the objects from Page 1 to the new page (Page 2), using the Edit menu on the Layout designer. This also copies the Behaviors for the objects.

This all works great, EXCEPT that the copied behaviors on Page 2 still reference the objects on Page 1. That is, the Multiple Branch condition still references the Radio Buttons on Page 1 and the Set Field command still references the object on Page 1.

I expected that when an object is Pasted to a new page, and the object’s behaviors are also pasted, that the resulting behavior would reference the new objects on the new page. It seems strange that it doesn’t work this way.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steph

CJ Hines
    Participant

This is expected behavior. If you want to save time by coping whole pages then you must redirect each objects behavior and rename them for less confusion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.