Copy Pages or Controls from one Form to Another

Home Forum General Copy Pages or Controls from one Form to Another

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi –

I would like to know if it will be possible in future versions (1.09+) of PF to copy form components (controls, groups of controls, pages) from one form to another.

Also – has any thought been given to the concept of form or object inheritance? If one could create a new form that is inherited from an ancestor form, then any changes in Layout, Behaviour, and Workflow could be ‘propagated’ to descendant forms.

Thanks,

Don L

ijobling
    Participant

Don

We have plans on the ‘copy of components’ in our roadmap in terms of implementing a ‘shared object library’ during 2009 – where you could copy your objects (or group of objects) into the library for use on other forms (and accessible to other users as well).

In regard to ‘inheritance’ though I do not see anything in that regard, but will pass your idea over to the appropriate team for consideration.

Ian

Anonymous

Hi –

Just wondering if there is anything new on this topic. I have found that I am able to copy controls from one page to another within a given form – but I don’t believe that there is a way to copy controls (and their behaviors) from one form to another. I would really like that.

We have couple of projects running in parallel and one team has developed a complex control to handle page navigation. If I want to utilize that control and its behaviors I have to do a ‘save as’ to create a new form from that one. However, if I have also ‘coded’ a great deal of functionality in my own form – there is no way to merge the functionality of the two forms together – due to the fact that I can neither inherit from an ancestor form – nor save controls in a control library. How far away are you from introducing the ability to save controls or control groups in addition to saving forms? Is there a way for me to copy a control from one form to another (apart from ‘save as’) that I haven’t thought of? THANKS!

ijobling
    Participant

Don

There are plans to support this in conjunction with the shared object library.

This will copy both objects and behaviors.

We are aiming to look to release this before the 3rd quarter of 2009

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.