Create comma separated list from all rows in a column (not a CSV file)

Home Forum Behaviors Create comma separated list from all rows in a column (not a CSV file)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  davids 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

davids
    Participant

I’d like to take all the words shown in all the rows of a column, copy them over to a text input field, and separate them with commas. For example, a column with 4 rows, each row has a person’s name. I want the text input to show John, Frank, Ed, Sam. I’m not looking to export the information to a CSV file, I just want it to appear in a text input field this way.

I’ve been messing around with the Set Table Rows and Copy Fields commands, going to the first row, copying the row, and moving to the next row to repeat… but it just overwrites anything that was previously in the text input field, instead of making a list. Any suggestions?

ajobling
    Keymaster

Sounds like you are ok with taking the data from the table row by row, so the issue is overwriting the data that already exists in the Text Input field.

I suggest that you consider the logic that is as follows:

Set Field ‘Text Input’ = ‘Text Input’ + comma + New Data from table

That way the new data should be added to whatever is already in the Text Input object.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.