create look-up table

Home Forum General create look-up table

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello,

If I have, say 5 different forms(not instances)and each form has collected contact information:

Name, email address, job title, etc….

I want to create an underlying table (not a form table) with the collected customer information to use as a look-up table for a new form.

Not sure how to do this in P.F, i.e how to create a table with this information from 5 different tables.

Hope I was clear, thanks

ajobling
    Keymaster

If you are looking to create a table (or more accurately a data-source) that can be used by other forms then there are two methods that spring to mind.

1) Using a connection you can pass data from the five different forms into a single database table and use that table as the data-source for other forms or

2) You can have another PerfectForms form which acts as the data-source. Use a ‘Form Connection / Insert Action’ to pass data from the five different forms into this single form, and then use this single form as the data-source.

Anonymous

Is there a way to de-duplicate the table, I have looked but cant come up with away to do so.

Thanks

Anonymous

Or allow only allow unique entries

ajobling
    Keymaster

If you are using option 1 – Database Table, then in the Action you can select the ‘Distinct Values Only’ option.

If you are using option 2 – Form Connection, then it is not possible.

Anonymous

Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.