CSV Import connection

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms CSV Import connection

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Peanuts890 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Peanuts890
    Participant

I have a form which was basically designed for manual input of data and has around 25 fields. I now want to provide a facilty to create a new form instance using external data from a csv file, the plan being to provide a button to initiate the csv import through a connection.

To date my only experience with connections are retrieving, updating and inserting from forms.

The first question is, can I provide a facility to import a csv file to a new form instance from the user’s local “C” drive?

Assuming this is possible I need some initial guidance on the database connection details: Agent URL, Username, Password, timeout,Use Proxy, datasource and file paramaters.

Once I master this, I’m sure I can handle the new action “Insert”. Any help to get started would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ian

You will not be able to create a connection to a file on a user’s local drive. To create a connection the Connection Agent must be configured in advance with the details of the data source and the Connection Agent must have access and rights to the data source.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.