Data validation in a table based on column and row data input

Home Forum Behaviors Data validation in a table based on column and row data input

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  evelina.liu 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

evelina.liu
    Participant

I would like to know how to implement validation logic to enforce data input in a table? The requirement is, if the data input from Column A (selecting from a predefined drop-down list) contains “*”, then Column C for the same row is required and cannot be blank. If the selected entry for Column A does not contain “*”, then there is no restriction on Column C of the same row.

Thank you.

evelina.liu
    Participant

I think I found my solution. Thanks.

imperial
    Participant

i wouldnt mind an answer to this myself. i am trying to do the same thing, but when a row meets the criteria for makin a colum mandatory, all of the colums become mandatory in the table regardless if the row meets the criteria for this or not.. is there a way around this?

The trick is building a behavior that loops through your table and at each row checks column A. If column A (current row) = not empty AND Column C (current row) = empty then use a Show Message object (Something like if column A has a value, column C cannot be left empty).

Here is how:

Set Table Rows (move to first row). Simple Branch (is column A current row not empty AND is Column C current row empty?). If True Show Message, if False go to another Set Table Rows object (move to next row). Then another Simple Branch object (was last command successful?). If True loop back to first Simple Branch, if False go to an Exit behavior object (you have reached the bottom of the table).

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

imperial
    Participant

This worked perfectly. Thanks for your help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.