Display Text with Scrolling and HTML Formatting

Home Forum Laying out a Form Display Text with Scrolling and HTML Formatting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jasoncmcg 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jasoncmcg
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out the best way to do this and am wondering if there is another option or feature I missed.

I need to display a set of (preferably formatted) directions on a form. Here are the options it has boiled down to:

•Use a text label that has html formatting capability, but no ability to scroll through text

•Use a Multiline Text Input marked read-only that has scrolling, but no formatting

Is there a way to customize a control to add capability that is needed? Is there a way to do html formatting on the multiline text input? Is there a way to make the text label scroll? (I tried putting it inside of a group… is there something else that would force the flex framework to generate the scroll bar?) Is there a way to use vertical slider to force a position inside of the text label?

Any other way to accomplish the entire set of features? (Scrolling AND Formatting)

ijobling
    Participant

you can’t ‘html format’ in the multiline text input or set a text label to scroll

One way though that may do what you need is to use multiple text label fields that are overlaid, so with a ‘click to proceed’ comment (and maybe a ‘click to go back’) at the bottom of your text you can then use behaviours to ‘show and hide’ (using the SetState script action) the appropriate text label

jasoncmcg
    Participant

That was an excellent suggestion, thanks! I will keep it in mind for the future. What we did in this situation was make a link button to a pdf hosted on the web server.

ijobling
    Participant

That is an even better idea than the overlaying label objects – good find

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.