Drop Down in a Table Populate with Connector

Home Forum Working with Tables Drop Down in a Table Populate with Connector

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hey Folks,

Is it possible to populate a drop down list in a table from another form? Here is what I have done:

I have created some lookup data in a form and a connector. Testing the connectors ‘read’ method returns the data I want.

following these instructions, http://www.perfectforms.com/forums/topic/populate-listdrop-down-objects#post-53, I can bind the connector to a stand alone drop down list and the values appear as expected.

The problem I am finding is that when I try to use those same steps to bind to the drop down in the table, in the TARGET list for the connector I do not see the table’s column objects as an option to bind to, only the table itself. How do I access the drop down list in the column.

I am binding on the tables ‘Row Create’ event at this time.

Thanks,

Chris

ijobling
    Participant

Chris

not sure I follow what you are looking at here ? you should be able to see the tables ‘column’ in your connect return parameters.. click on the > to open the ‘table’ view to see the ‘all rows/all columns’

if it isn’t that though, could you export your 2 forms and send over with screen shots of how you have your forms connection set up and send over to us at support@perfectforms.com and we can have a more detailed look at what you are seeing

Anonymous

Basically, I saw the same thing. If you try to populate a drop-down list that is a column in a table, nothing happens. The same is true whether you select Table – Current ROW or Table-All Rows.

Anonymous

Ryans nailed it even more elegantly than I.

It seems to be that this functionality is not possible since objects in a column do not seem to be exposed.

Anonymous

Here is another related question.

1. Given a drop down list that is in a table on page 1 (say 3 rows are added with different drop down values)

2. how do I show the Name and Value from the drop down in a new table on page 2, say Column 1 is name and column 2 is value?

The only option I see when I bind the COPY FIELD option is to move the entire column from page 1, doing that I ONLY get the value and I have no abiliyt to specify that page 2 Column 1 gets the Name and Page 2 Column 2 gets the value.

Again, it appears the product is unable to expose a drop down list that is inside a table column. Am I doing something wrong?

Chris

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I’ll try to send you an email with the example you’ve spelled out shortly.

Anonymous

rgaston, hello, I found this thread and thought it was interesting. Do you still have this example, if so would you please send it to me. Thanks Tim

Anonymous

Sorry, please ignore, resent the request to support

Anonymous

anyone has example for this? I am also having problem with this. Please send me also the example. thanks.

It is not possible to populate a drop-down in a table using a connection.

nvyas
    Participant

How to make this work? – If you try to populate a drop-down list that is a column in a table, nothing happens. The same is true whether you select Table – Current ROW or Table-All Rows.

Correct, Nvyas. It is not possible to populate a drop-down in a table using a connection.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.