Drop-down list from User Group

Home Forum Laying out a Form Drop-down list from User Group

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Peanuts890 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Peanuts890
    Participant

I am a newbie, so apologies if this has been answered already.

Is it possible to populate a drop-down list from a user group. I have a form which when filled in, will initially be sent for approval to one person in a user group. Next form occurance may go to a different person in the same user group.

Thanks.

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Peanuts890, There is no way to do this from within the application. Are you trying to have everyone in the group notified or do you want to choose a person? You can setup your notification in such a way that under the person tab, you select UserGroup. Setting it up in this way will alert all of the users in the user group and one person in the group will be able to approve the form.

Peanuts890
    Participant

Hi rgatson, thanks for your prompt reply. Basically the form will only go toone person at a time who all happens to be in a user group. I have currently populated the drop-down box of who the form goes to, by entering all the names and emails manually. This works fine as the selected name’s email from the dropdown box is used in the notification. Just thought that there might be a way to populate the drop-down box from the user group. In fact I actually created the user group for this purpose so it is basically redundant.

Thanks for taking the time to answer,

Peanuts890

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.