Dynamic routing

Home Forum WorkFlow Dynamic routing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi there,

Is it possible to define the individuals/user groups to receive a notification based upon the way in which the form has been filled out?

For example, if the user filling in the form is from Organisation A, then the form should be sent to the Organisation A User Group for approval by one of Organisation A’s senior managers. Also, if the initiating user has specified that the form is to be sent to Organisation B (as opposed to Org C or Org D), then the form should be routed to the Organisation B User Group after it has been approved by a senior manager at Organisation A.

Once the form has been picked up by a member of the Organisation B User Group, that user should be able to dynamically define (perhaps from choosing from a drop-down list) which individuals in Organisation B need to see the form and notify them to look at it.

Can you advise me on how this dynamic routing logic could be implemented?

Many thanks,

Ali

ijobling
    Participant

Moona

you can control how the form routes in the W diagram, not only in terms of the condition you can set to dictate what ‘stage’ the form can go to, but also in the behavior area where you can also define conditions with the branch action (simple or multiple) to control who the notifications go to as well.

in terms of the form user being able to select from a drop down who is to receive the form, the notification can be set to ‘value of’ that field, and if the value of the drop down is that users email address, they will receive the notification

hope that helps

Anonymous

Thanks, that’s really useful. On the last bit though – I’d like the user to be able to pick multiple users to receive the form.

I’ve created a simple form with a list and a submit button. The list is configured with a few names (as the captions) and e-mail addresses (as the values). The submit sends a notification to the selected e-mail addresses. My problem at the moment is that I can’t seem to select more than one option in the list when it’s on the form so I can’t any further.

Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Ali

Anonymous

Hi,

I’m still having problems with setting up a List object on my form which can be used to allow a user to choose multiple recipients for a notification.

I’ve tried the “allow multiple selection” option on the List object, but then I can’t specify the Value field of the list when setting up my notifications – I want to “Send notifications to Email taken from a field” but instead of being able to specify the Value field of the list object, I’m forced to specify one of the rows.

Can you advise on this please?

Many thanks,

Ali

ijobling
    Participant

work is ‘in hand’ to be able to notify to ‘multiple’ selections (list object and also in table objects as well). Currently it isn’t supported I’m afraid.

do you have though any specific ‘rules’ to what you are looking to do here ? Perhaps in terms of users being allowed to select no more than X users to send to ?

if so, you could run behaviors on the ‘when data has changed’ event that can write this value (email) out to an individual text field on the form (possibly on a hidden page that the form users can’t access) and then set up a notification to those text fields.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!