Dynamic User-Group assignment for Role?

Home Forum Managing Stage / Role Field Access Dynamic User-Group assignment for Role?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  evelina.liu 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

evelina.liu
    Participant

I would like to know how to accomplish this in Perfectforms – to allow Role assignment to be done based on user-group, but not just to a fixed user-group, but to set up in a way to dynamically select one of the user-groups based on certain given criteria. We really need this logic for our program, but not sure how to do it. Can someone please advise. Thanks.

Roles are only dynamic when they are based on a field. When a role is a group, it is not dynamic. You could create multiple roles for different groups and then create a behavior to choose which notification to use (depending on role).

evelina.liu
    Participant

After giving it a try, though the notification works and are sent to the correct user-group, I think this is still not exactly ideal. If the user-group is not “dynamically assigned” through role, but instead I have multiple roles/user-groups defined parallel, I will still run into issues with object states issues. For submit buttons and other objects where it is really supposed to be available for certain user-group (through the role) at certain stage, I cannot make them work properly.

evelina.liu
    Participant

Thanks, Dennis! I will try this approach.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!