Dynamically Configuring A User-Group

Home Forum WorkFlow Dynamically Configuring A User-Group

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  asrivastav 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

asrivastav
    Participant

Is it possible to dynamically assign a user-group to stage in the workflow? Basically, our workflow is going out-of-control with the number of branch conditions and the end doesn’t appear to be coming any time soon. To alleviate this problem, I was hoping that I could dynamically assign a user-group to a stage in the workflow so that emails get sent to the “right” people(s) based on parameters entered by the user. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Avaneesh

tmrhymer
    Participant

I assume you mean the notifications? It sounds like you have a bunch of paths leaving one stage and going to a whole bunch of other stages, each stage being for a different role. If that’s the case, are each of those roles technically the same stage, just different recipients? If so, I would bring those all into one stage. Now you would just have a stage with a single path going to this next stage (all of your previous stages lumped into one). In that paths properties, I would create branches, one for each scenario, testing for these various parameters the user has entered into the form. So now, once you decide who the form should go to, send the notification. You will have a notification command for each of your possible roles. By placing that logic inside of the behavior, it should give you a cleaner workflow diagram. You probably would want to add some type of comment documenting this for future reference.

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?bb_do_not_attempt_to_manage_workf.htm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.