Email Format Spacing

Home Forum General Email Format Spacing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aguerrisihawn 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

aguerrisihawn
    Participant

I’ve set-up in the message that’s emailed where the information in a form is in the email. We are noticing that the system is placing double spacing and extra lines in the email. When I go back into the notifications, the spacing isn’t visible. Do we know why this might be happening?

I am guessing that you are using HTML formatting in the notification, and not sending a text email. I would try the text notification, or play with the formatting.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

aguerrisihawn
    Participant

Hi Dennis, no I’m using text, not HTML. I’ve noticed in other areas (i.e. layout or behaviors)that when you’re typing or go back to fix something it gets goofy as well. When we did training with Andy, he noticed this as well.

Are you inserting data from Multiline Text input objects in thew notification?

Please create a new Support Inquiry http://www.perfectforms.com/support_contact.php and attach an export of your form design (the .PF file). Please specify which notify object and how I can find it. I will review it for you.

Migrating a Form and Exporting Form Data: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?d_exportingformsandformdata.htm

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

kiascham
    Participant

That happens on mine too. Same issue, I think how it has been explained to me is that when it sends the message it is sent in html and you are viewing it as text. Try backspacing all the way back between lines of text and then hit return where you want the spacing. Sometimes you may hit return and when you are viewing it, there is not any spacing. But when you view the email it will have the correct spacing. Let me know if this is a good explanation. This should help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.