Email Notification of unique ID

Home Forum WorkFlow Email Notification of unique ID

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi,

I need to send email notifications out with a unique ID in them each time my form is submitted. I have been using the Response ID, but now the person getting the emails wants a much shorter ID than “h3m5SwAAQWoAAKySAABUV1hkLrc=”. Ideally, it would be iterative: the first time a form is submitted it would send “1”, the next time someone submits, it would send “2”, etc.

Is this possible? I’ve tried using the Instance Number by populating a hidden field, but this number must be generated after Submit because it always just sends 0.

Thanks,

Renee

Instance number is the right metric for what you have described. The trick is to use a Submit and re-open same instance at some point before the user submits the instance. You can even do it on when form opens. Here is how:

Drag in a hidden helper field. When the form opens use a Simple Branch object (is the hidden helper empty?). If false go to an Exit behavior object because the form instance has already been opened. If true use a Set Field object to put a “1” in your hidden helper and then use a Submit behavior object (check the radio button that says Re-Open Same Instance).

Finally make sure that you account for this in your workflow. If you are using “always if no other condition is met” on the join paths between the first and second stages you will have to add an additional stage to account for the first submit. Otherwise simply create a condition to move from the first stage.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Anonymous

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of just submitting the form on open to generate the Instance Number before my notification. That worked perfectly!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.