email notifications

Home Forum General email notifications

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello

Is there a way to pull the data from an email notification and insert it into a form instance mult-line text box?

If you don’t know if it’s possible, can you point me in the direction of how email notification are generated and stored in mysql.

All of the data for a notification is in the instance. If you want a notification replicated in an instance the best thing to do would be to use a set field with a formula that reproduces the notification. We do not support pulling information straight from the PerfectForms database.

Anonymous

Thanks this will work. Is there a function that will allow a “return” or “indent” to the formula?

Example

first name

+

” ” (space)

+

last name

+

” ” (space)

indent or return

+

Comments:

So the notification would look like this in a multi-line text box.

John Doe

Comments: hello world

There is no “return” or “indent” function. Because it is dynamic, there is not way to know exactly how many spaces you need to add. I usually just make my best guess on the number of spaces.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

pmeidinger
    Participant

Here’s how I handle adding a newline/return to a multi-line text input:

• Crete a sedond, hidden multi-line text input field, call it “Return Text Input” or something

• In the text for this input, just hit the Return key

Now in your formula you can do

first name

+

” “

last name

+

Return Text Input

This way you won’t have to try to rely on spaces to get a newline in your multi-line text inputs.

Anonymous

I like it. Good idea! Thanks

pmeidinger
    Participant

Glad you like it. I’m also glad you could understand my post with all those misspellings. Yikes!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.