email

Home Forum General email

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello,

I would like for a person if they have questions about the form they are using to be able to email me.

Is there a way to get a email window or pop up to appear.

Thanks

ijobling
    Participant

The TEXT object (Common Visuals) has an HTML setting you can use and therefore one way is to use the standard ‘mailto:<youremail>’ method

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, I did not now about mailto, thank for the heads up. I Google mailto and got the code for it. Is there a way to get mailto to open in a new window rather then closing the form when it is executed as I have mailto in varying places in the form and want the user to get back to were they were and not have to start over.

Thanks again

Anonymous

Here is the code I an using it opens the email in a separate window but it only works ONE time?

(Send a email)

I mean literally one time, after that the blank page opens but no email window, if I take the target=”_blank” out the email window will show ONE time after that nothing.

Even if you close the form and reopen it it will not work.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Oh well

ijobling
    Participant

Sorry.. lost in terms of what you are trying to say..

but what about looking at a different approach to mitigate the need for users to have to send you email (and of course delay their completion. Consider what sort of questions your users may want to ask. look at adding in ‘explanation’ fields (maybe a ? asset and under that ‘is clicked’ do a ‘show message’) or even the tooltip function perhaps.

and then if they still need to ask more questions, give them instructions to send you email from their mail client (and then you can take their question to review your form and update by new revision to help future users)

Anonymous

Sorry the above was so unclear.

<a href= "mailto:xxxxxxxx" Target="_Blank" >Click here to email me</a>

This code or any version of mailto works only ONE time?, even if I close out P.F and re-open my form it will not work a second time, I have to delete it save the form then re-add it if I want the mailto to work a second time.

Also thanks for the above I am doing some of it already and I will see what else I can add from your suggestions.

ijobling
    Participant

would seem to suggest some ‘caching’ in your browser causing this.

ps.. I’d suggest you ‘edit’ your post asap.. leaving your email here will quickly get it into a load of ‘spam’ lists I’m sure if you don’t have edit rights (sure you do though) get back asap and can do that for you

Anonymous

Thanks I did not catch that, I do not see where I can edit post, if you would remove it I would be greatful

ijobling
    Participant

done..

ps… other option.. add in a simple button (or under a normal text file) and the look at what the ShowURL behaviour can do.. where you enter in the URL as a simple ‘mailto’ (no need for the a herf elements)

Anonymous

Thanks again, I will check out your other options, also the above code was working just NOT in CHROME, but working fine in I.E and FIREFOX.

Thanks again for your help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.