Error

Home Forum General Error

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Following Error occured while retrieving Data from CSV file:

“Agent text file error [StelsCSV Driver] Can’t parse SQL query: The trial version of the StelsCSV driver allows executing not more than 50 queries at once. For more information about purchasing please visit http://www.csv-jdbc.com/order.htm#StelsCSV

ijobling
    Participant

it is as it says. the CSV component is a ‘trial’ and if you have larger requirements you will need to consider ‘upgrading’ this to a full version

Anonymous

By upgrade you mean,upgrading the application or just CSV component.

And how can i upgrade this component.

ijobling
    Participant

just the csv component, and to do this, follow the link you have seen

alternatively.. why not consider setting up a table in your Database with the content of the csv and then set up your connection to the database table

Anonymous

hi

i have simply made a connection to a new table and displaying the results/rows in a table where i have three columns 1- Name.2-Email.3-Notify (checkboxes).

Now how can i send emails to more then 1 person by just “selecting” more then 1 checkboxes at the same time when user press Submit Button.

thnx

ijobling
    Participant

There are many ways this could be done, but we are unable to say what is the most appropriate as it depends a lot on your overall requirements.

You can set up a notify action to send email notifications to the column in your table that contains the email address for ‘all rows’. Depending on how many rows are being populated into your table and how many people may need to be notified you can set up a behaviour under a ‘checkbox’ that can delete a row .. ie users check NOT to send to those people so their table is then left only with the users they want to notify.

Another option to consider is using the connect and search action so that your users can search to find who they want to notify from the pop up window, select and that writes those details into the table object ‘current row’

Anonymous

hi,

Your first idea worked but im still working on it.Infact your 2nd idea worked as well but in this case user have to select name or email for more then one time.

Whereas in first case all names/emails are displayed on clicking on button that populates the table and then on clicking my checkbox column that email is eliminated from the list and notification is sent to final list.

But still i want to know instead of deleting a row,can i just select more then one row by clicking a checkbox to send notificatin to.It;ll be great if its done and will give a good look to my form.

One more thing,im unable to send any notification to users other then the one which are in my domain or in my users list.If i want to send it to email on yahoo or hotmail,how can that be done.

thnx.

ijobling
    Participant

Have a look at how the table object can be manipulated and perhaps there is a method there in terms of how you may be able to check a box in a visible table, and that can then copy the email address into a hidden table object where you then set up your notification on that hidden table object.

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/fl_working_with_tables.htm

as to the notifications, if you are unable to send notifications to external users this is likely to be a security setting on your mail server. review the mail server log files and the reason will probably be detailed there and your mail admin should be able to resolve that for you

Anonymous

hi,

What im trying to do is,whatever checkbox user clicks,the email against that checkbox is copied in another table(Temp Table i gave it a name) at its first row and first column.But the problem is when i click next checkbox the email is “over written” instead of writing it to next row same column.

How can that be fixed.

thnx.

ijobling
    Participant

You need to understand what the ‘current row’ is in the table that you want to write the result of your behaviour into. It sounds from what you are saying here that you haven’t considered this in your actions and therefore the ‘current row’ is the same one each time.

Look again into the ‘working with tables’ section in the user guide and specifically to

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/fl_set_table_rows_behavior_comman.htm

Anonymous

Hi,

Done!

i was aware of ‘Current Row’ but was using at the wrong place.

Can i know how can i clear all the cloumns in a table.Like if i have a button “Clear” and on clicking it whole table is clear.

thnx

ijobling
    Participant

There isn’t a ‘clear’ function specificlly but just like you have used the ‘set table row’ to identify the ‘current row’ look at using a similar method under a ‘button’ perhaps that you name as ‘clear’ and that goes through each row of the table and then uses the ‘delete row’ function to remove the content

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!