Field copied from form is wrong

Home Forum General Field copied from form is wrong

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

I have a form where several totals are stored in numeric fields. A notification is sent out to inform someone of the totals but 3 out of the more than dozen have come back 1 digit higher than the field on the form. For example one field says the total is 88.96 the email notification which is just a link to that field came out as 89.96. I have not been able to figure out why this has happened. The form has had several people using and testing it and has only done this in one instance of the form. Any idea how this could have occurred?

Thanks,

Andrew

The best way to audit behaviors related to a field is to delete the field. You will be presented with a warning message that lists all of the behaviors that reference that field you just deleted. Take a screenshot of the warning and then undelete the field. Then you can track down the behavior causing the problem.

Andrew
    Participant

Dennis,

I am afraid that doesn’t help much. I am aware of the behaviors attached to each of these fields. And my total was off on the first post after careful study 7 fields are having this same issue. The notification just links the field, why should behaviors that the field effects or that effect the field have to do with the notification adding to the field? 7 different places in this notification add $1 dollar to a total that the field holds rather then just displaying the field amount. Still not sure how or why, any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

If you can confirm from the Data History that the data in the numeric input is different than that reflected in the notification please take a screenshot of the data history (showing the relevant fields), a screenshot of the notification, and please export your form design and attach a copy of the .PF file to a support inquiry by clicking this link: http://www.perfectforms.com/support_contact.php then using the button labeled Attachments. Please describe in detail which numeric input fields are being used in the notification, and how to find the Notify object in question. I will review your design for you. Our help guide describes how to export your form design: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?d_exportingformsandformdata.htm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.