Fields do not inherit the Read-Only state from Group

Home Forum Managing Stage / Role Field Access Fields do not inherit the Read-Only state from Group

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

banny_li
    Participant

baiscally i am having the exact problem as mentioned in another 2010 posting titled “Fields in group not set to read only when group is set to read-only” … and it seems like the feedback said that was a product defect.  I would like to see if PerfectForm has a fix on this yet, as i am facing the same issue now

When setting the state of a group you must also set the state of every object in that group as well.

banny_li
    Participant

then what is the point of using the GROUP if i need to set the state for each FIELD within it?

on the other hand, when the GROUP is set to “Disabled” state, it inherits down to the FIELDS no problem.  it just doesnt work when the GROUP is set to “Read-Only” state

In HTML when setting the state of a group you must also set the state of every object in that group as well. This is a change from the Flash player version of a form. Groups still serve many functions including organization, ease of finding fields, Check Mandatories, etc…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.