Fields in group not set to read only when group is set to read-only

Home Forum General Fields in group not set to read only when group is set to read-only

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Maybe, I am doing this wrong but when I set a group that contains a bunch of fields to read-only, I can still edit all the fields in that group. When I set the group to hidden or disabled, that works as expected. Is this expected behavior or a bug?

ijobling
    Participant

Could be expected if you haven’t set it correctly and there are other controls involved overriding the ‘group’ level behaviour. but what you have done on the ‘group’.. just add in the specific elements in the group as well to the SetState script

Anonymous

Each of the objects inside of the group have their states set to default. No behaviors alter their state. Setting the group’s state to hidden or disabled makes the entire group hidden or disabled, but setting it to read-only is not affecting any of the fields in the group. I’m not actually using the Set State object command. These fields need to stay read-only throughout the life of the form so I am setting in the properties section for the group.

ijobling
    Participant

See what you mean now this is ‘expected’ (although does make me think it isn’t correct behaviour so will raise it with the developers). But just select each item in the group and set their state to read only to get the behaviour you want

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.