File Uploads

Home Forum General File Uploads

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sturmeyp 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sturmeyp
    Participant

Hi

We have always used the native File Upload option in PerfectForms but recently some users have been getting a network authentication prompt when trying to upload files. For this reason we’ve had to switch to the ‘Alternative File Upload Mechanism’ which gets past the issue. In the documemtation it states that security settings can cause the default file upload from working correctly – are you able to expand on this? or give some more details of what to look for so that we can switch back to the original upload setting.

thanks

Hi, I assume that you are referring to the File Attachment object. Are you using SSO?

sturmeyp
    Participant

Yes Dennis, the file attachment object in the form designer and DO NOT use SSO

thanks

My development department is telling me that it has to do with your browser security settings which of course vary between browsers.We use a separate component to facilitate attachments.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

sturmeyp
    Participant

Can the development guys be a little more specific about what security settings effect the attachment tool? I could then try to see if we can resolve. We are using IE7 & IE8

sturmeyp
    Participant

Dennis, I also forgot to mention the anoying behaviour we have regarding file uploads.

If I have PF set to use ‘Alternative upload machanism’ everytime I try to upload an asset through the designer it fails with the message ‘Error while uploading’. It also kills your session with PerfectForms so if you’ve not saved anything you loose it. Thus everytime I need to upload an asset I have to change the global setting, upload the file and then remember to change it back. This happens with IE & Firefox

thanks

The alternative upload was made for a specific scenario that another customer was using. SSO and windows integrated authentication will not work when uploading due to the fact that flex cannot authenticate the user properly.

Your case seems more to be a problem of flash sandbox security settings:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.