Finding Email Address of Manager via AD LDAP Lookup

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Finding Email Address of Manager via AD LDAP Lookup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BWTAdmin
    Participant

I have created an LDAP connection and can return all sorts of attributes based on an input of a variety of different AD attributes without issue (i.e. input of samaccountname will return AD attributes of email address, address, city, country, telephone, etc.). When I request a return of attribute “manager”, I receive a correct entry – which is the distinguished name of the manager’s AD Object as it actually appears in Active Directory.  So far, so good.

Now, what I want to do is take that distinguished name of the manager as an input and return the email address of the manager so that it is actually useful. However, no amount of tweaking the connection parameters seems to be able to accept the input of the distinguished name of an AD user object and return anything. The test results always show: “No records were returned” even though the distinguished name attribute information was exactly and painstakingly cut and pasted or manually typed into the input fields.

So, I am asking if anyone out there can share Active Directory LDAP tricks or tips so that I can actually retrieve the email address of the user’s manager.

Thanks so much!
    BWTAdmin

Have you tried sending the domain username with and/or without the domain prefix? I.E., remove the “perfectforms/” from perfectforms/dsakofsky and simply send dsakofsky.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.