Flash Detection on Embedded forms

Home Forum General Flash Detection on Embedded forms

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  phillip 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

phillip
    Participant

When I use the embedded code provided in the ‘Link’ section, I noticed that there is no Flash detection and a notification or maybe a redirection/new window (ie, send them to adobe). I’m also not exactly savvy when it comes to JavaScript and HTML, and was wondering if there was a Flash detection script you would recommend? Other than swfobject, that is, needs to be shorter and simpler.

From what I have seen the browser usually displays a message that says Flash is Required (when Flash is not installed). Adobe claims a 99.0% market saturation of internet enabled PCs. This site offers a Flash detection script: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/detection.htm

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

phillip
    Participant

I think a viable solution would be to use iframes, which seem to be working thus far on all major browsers. It then takes care of things if no flash is installed by showing a little note automatically.

Just to clarify, PerfectForms forms are run in Flash ONLY, correct? Other than using Javascript to run it on the page, no form of Java is used, correct? We’ve been having some discussion in our department about what PFs actually runs on and need to get an answer directly from the source

Also, is there anyway to call run the actually form with out javascript? Or is that a must?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.