Flash related performance issues

Home Forum General Flash related performance issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

If the PerfectForms dashboard or forms are loading very slowly and you have eliminated bandwidth and connection speed issues your settings may not allow Flash to properly cache. You can control the amount of cache a Flash site is allowed to use on your computer. Macromedia has a site with a control panel that lets you control the website storage settings on your machine. The control panel you will see on this site is not an image; it is the actual Settings Manager. Click the tabs to see different panels, and click the options in the panels to change your Adobe Flash Player settings.

Click this link to manage your settings: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Anonymous

This is an interesting post Dennis. I appreciate there may be a myriad of options, but my forms are experiencing sluggish response times even after the User has deleted the cache, ~30-40 seconds when saving the form (where only handful of Users are on the server at the time). Not so when the browse between pages/objects. The issue appears to be when saving back to the DB. The form is several hundred fields in the one instance, likely to be more, with very little to no images in the interface.

Where my customers have deleted their cache (across Macromedia as well), is there a checklist of things I can review to get the most out of Perfectforms.

As a list of items already considered:

* Server hardware/specs above the recommended install

* Database optimisation

* Database rebuild

* All the behaviours are relevant to the front-end (I do not suspect these are saved to the DB at the time the Customer clicks ‘save’)

If you have a cheat-sheet of items to consider I would be grateful. That, or some guidance on the limitation on the number of fields, controls and behaviours that I would put into a single instance this too will help.

Kind regards.

Keep in mind that the application and forms run in the user’s browser. It only “calls” the application or database server on load, save, and submit.That is why loading and saving the design of a large form will take longer.The most important thing to consider is the performance for the users of the forms.

Larger forms will take longer to load. I try to reduce the number of behavior objects by using Run Behavior objects wherever possible. When possible I use parent child relationships to break large processes up into smaller pieces.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!