Form connection error on update

Home Forum General Form connection error on update

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pointreyes 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pointreyes
    Participant

I can use the READ functions in the form connections without an issue; however, I cannot seem to get the UPDATE function to work. I get the Form connection error System Error: #1 which would mean that there is a permissions issue. I don’t quite understand what I’m doing wrong. Type is ‘Update’, Active is checked, Permissions – tried Use Allow and have now switched to Full Control Allow for Everyone. I provide the fields I want to update (not in a table and not a list or pull-down field). When testing I provided the Form Instance ID. I can search with this value to pull data from the instance I’m attempting to READ (Field Meta-Instance ID).

Here’s what I have tested:

Form Instance ID left blank – ERROR: Form connection error The form-instance was not found.

Form Instance ID not valid – ERROR: Form connection error The form-instance was not found.

Enter a valid Form Instance ID: ERROR: Form connection error System Error: #1

Enter a valid Form Instance ID and the Field I want to update with valid text input to a text field: ERROR: Form connection error System Error: #1

What do I need to do?

pointreyes
    Participant

Even more baffled now. Did more testing.

#1 Create a new form with just two fields and created new form connections for doing updates to submitted forms – it worked!

#2 With the new form added another field, hide it and mapped the published version and again tried the update connection with the hidden field – it worked!

Used default permissions.

The other form which has many more fields and in this case was a field added to already submitted forms and was mapped (hence the reason for test #2). There is no events on this field.

Very confused on where to go from here.

ijobling
    Participant

System Error #1 does not necessarily mean it is ‘permission’. In fact you should be presented with a message to indicate if this is the case.

This could be a number of reasons. for instance trying to update a date/time field with TEXT.

Go to the Connection | Action and run the ‘test’ there where you can enter in data that you are expecting to collect on the form (with the forminstance ID all the time of course so the instance can be found) step by step to isolate the specific field involved with this problem.

If you are unable to track this down though, please export our your 2 forms and the connection & action and send over to support@perfectforms.com (with any relevant information on the data that will be initially entered on the form that is being updated) and we can check it out

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.